Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Unnecessary Delivery Fee



With Mother's Day quickly approaching, I was able to find some great looking Mother's Day flower's online for under $100.00. After comparing delivery fees on several sites I decided to go with 1800-Flowers because they only charged the one flat fee of $18.99 for Saturday and Sunday deliveries. Before making my decision I checked out several other sites to compare prices and flowers. I came across one flower shop that was going to charge me two separate delivery fees, so I immediately called to get an explanation and was told that depending on the date I needed them, an express delivery fee of $17.95 + their normal delivery fee of $9.99 would be charged. Even after speaking with them, I still didn't have a clear understanding as to why both fees were being charged. Although they had the better looking flowers, I decided not to order from them. I'm very pleased with the flowers I ordered from 1800 Flowers and sure my Mother will love them. Nevertheless, I'm glad I saw the additional delivery fee before finalizing my order. Going forward I will begin checking for hidden fees on all my purchases!!

No comments: